If you could care less about your operating system you can welcome NationZoom into your PC and your web browsers. WAIT. You care about your virtual security and your operating Windows system? Oh, OK! In this case NationZoom removal is exactly what you should perform. Even though the outer shell of the program is shinny and inviting, trusting it would be a huge mistake. Nationzoom.com is presented with a seemingly fun ginger kitty logo; however, this should not fool you. In reality, the search engine cannot provide you with Web, Images, Videos or News search results. In fact, it does not work at all! So, what is the point of this suspicious search engine and how should you remove it from the PC?
Do you follow the latest news about computer security? Then you may have heard of NationZoom without even realizing it! Such browsers hijackers as aartemis.com, dosearches.com, portaldosites.com, qone8.com, qvo6.com, etc. are just as knavish and dangerous. Even though all of these search engines are presented by different people they all work the same. If you type in keywords into the displayed search boxes there are no doubts that you will face Yahoo search results. Now this is what someone could call magic! Ok, so maybe it is not magic; however, it certainly is suspicious why what appears to be a legitimate search engine turns out to be just a link to a different search tool.
It is not so easy to delete NationZoom from the browsers. Do you know why? It is because the threat modifies browser settings to ensure that nationzoom.com regenerates even after following the standard manual removal techniques. To remove the infection from the system you can proceed with the steps below. Afterwards it would be wise to scan the PC with a legitimate scanner to ensure that your system is secure to run.
Step I: modify Properties
- Locate the shortcut of your browser and right-click it.
- Select Properties, click the Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Remove the text related to the hijacker, so that the Target would end with, for example, chrome.exe”.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 2: remove from browsers
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and Remove NationZoom. Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Open the browser, tap Alt+H and click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm the selection.
- Then click Finish to save the changes.
- Launch Chrome, tap Alt+F and click Settings.
- Move to On Startup and click Set pages.
- Delete the displayed URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance and click Change.
- Follow step 3.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Click X to remove the unwanted provider and hit Done.